Diesel Mechanic - Immediate Opening
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Overview:Performs routine maintenance on equipment and
determines when and what kind of maintenance is needed. Conducts
tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to
evaluate quality or performance. Installs equipment, engines,
hoses, batteries, tires, wheels/brakes, HVAC, wiring, etc., or
programs to meet specifications. Watches gauges, dials, or other
indicators to make sure equipment is working properly. Services,
repairs, adjust, and tests machines, devices, moving parts, and
equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical
principles. Inspects equipment, structures, etc., of materials to
identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects. Analyzes
information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
solve problems. May also be responsible for electronic signs and
fare boxes repairs.Responsibilities:
- Adjust and reline air and hydraulic brakes, align wheels,
tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Align front ends (where applicable) and service suspension
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges
in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Must be qualified to disassemble and overhaul internal
combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and
specified safety devices.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and
other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical
equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose
malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers,
motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Operate valve-grinding machines to grind and reset valves
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking
batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Must be qualified to install or rebuild diesel engines.
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, and windows, and install and
- Rewire ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels. Able to
work on multiplex systems.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure
conformance to factory specifications.
- Must be qualified to repair and maintain parts of the engine,
such as fuel injection systems.
- Test drive trucks and buses to diagnose malfunctions or to
ensure that they are working properly. Have appropriate drivers
license for facilities needs or the ability to obtain one.
Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure
gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as
pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists
(where applicable for your specific location).
- Other duties as directed and or assigned, to include and to
ensure the safe operation and efficiency of the department.
- Must be able to work in two facilities: Vallejo and Vacaville
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must exhibit both written and spoken communication skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must complete and sign the Transdev Transportation employment
application in its entirety.
An unjustified refusal to supply requested information or a
falsification of information will result in the elimination of the
applicant for consideration for employment.
- Must provide a complete and verifiable employment history.
Employment history must be verified with all employers listed on
the application and must include the past 10 years of employment,
- You must sign a background release form. Associated topics: air
conditioning, batt, environmental, fuel, gas, insulation, meter,
repair, thermographer, vent
Keywords: transdevna, Vallejo , Diesel Mechanic - Immediate Opening, Engineering , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!