Quality Director Home Health Hospice
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Job Description - Quality Director Home Health Hospice (944546)
Quality Director Home Health Hospice Job Number: 944546 Posting
Date : Mar 22, 2021, 11:07:22 PM Description Responsible for
multiple medical center facilities. Serves as a critical link in
the identification and resolution of issues affecting the home care
agency. Integrates the quality management/performance improvement
program with clinical and business goals/objectives. Supervises and
coordinates activities of assigned quality program staff. Provides
oversight, planning and coordination of Quality management
activities, including patient care reviews, compliance audits,
concurrent and retrospective clinical record reviews. Trends and
analyzes utilization, outcome and quality data.
- Determines strategy for changing existing processes to meet
regulatory requirements and translating external demands into
- Works closely with the medical, nursing, and support staff to
- Provides education and technical support to the agency in
developing, implementing and maintaining quality improvement
- Consults on performance review methodologies and performance
- Collaborates with clients, TPMG, and community in designing
processes that continually improve the quality and levels of care
and the delivery of service.
- Identifies and implements practices to improve quality and
- Manages the creation and maintenance of provider-specific
quality improvement profiles to be used for credentialing.
- Develops systems, templates and processes to identify and
monitor indicators which best measure improvement in care delivery
as well as credentialing and recredentialing of providers.
- Establishes mechanisms for proactive identification of issues
and tracking of corrective action to minimize negative impact and
- Ensures that the agency's Performance Improvement Program is
comprehensive and integrated, in compliance with all licensing and
regulatory requirements and consistent with policies, procedures
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation
of best practices for Home Care.
- Collaborates with supervision in implementing
regional/agency/organizational goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains relationships and effective
communication with all levels of physicians and staff in order to
facilitate problem identification and resolution.
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in writing to assure
that the staff, leadership and Quality teams are informed of the
status and issues related to the Performance Improvement program,
utilization management and risk management.
- Negotiates organizational barriers for employees and ensures
that necessary resources are available and accessible.
- Effectively creates and facilitates collaboration and
cooperation among diverse groups, people, departments, and
- Works closely with Directors to address patient care issues
with a goal toward resolution while maintaining
- Oversees Quality Improvement and prepares quarterly reports for
the hospital to the Kaiser Permanente Board of Directors.
- Coordinates completion of annual evaluations and revisions to
the Quality Improvement Program.
- Makes recommendations regarding the need for staff, space and
- Instills a sense of customer focus in
- Holds self and others to high standards of performance, and is
accountable for results achieved and not achieved.
- Recognizes achievements of staff/volunteers through rewards,
recognition, and public communication.
- Supervises work of other Quality department staff.
- Provides quality oversight of both internal and external
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
employees. Qualifications Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in quality or performance
improvement in a health care setting. Education
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration, nursing, or
public administration or related field required. License,
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of federal, state and accreditation standards
applicable to Home Health/Hospice required.
- Knowledge of governmental and other regulatory standards,
requirements, and guidelines related to quality improvement.
- Strong working knowledge of ongoing monitoring techniques
(including criteria development and statistical analysis); care
delivery in home care; total quality management principles, tools,
- Effective communication, negotiation and leadership
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Current California RN license (preferred) or other clinical
licensure required. Preferred Qualifications:
- Clinical nursing experience preferred.
- Management/operations experience in Home Health or
- Master's degree in nursing/administration/health related field
preferred. Primary Location : California-Vallejo-Vallejo Park Place
Scheduled Hours (1-40) : 40 Shift : Day Working Days : Mon-Fri
Working Hours Start : 08:00 AM Working Hours End : 05:00 PM Job
Schedule : Full-time Job Type : Standard Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Director/Senior Director Job Category : QA / UR / Case
Management Public Department Name : Vallejo Hospital - Home Health
- Internal - Admin - 0201 Travel : No Employee Group :
NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union Employee Kaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. External
hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Click
here for Important Additional Job Requirements. Share this job with
a friend You may also share this job description with a friend by
email or social media. All the relevant details will be included in
the message. Click the button labeled Share that is next to Submit
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Vallejo , Quality Director Home Health Hospice, Executive , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!