Assistant Project Manager
Company: Peterson Mechanical
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Peterson Mechanical is a Sonoma-based mechanical contractor
providing a single source for reliable mechanical systems in the
San Francisco Bay Area, specializing in HVAC, plumbing and
refrigeration for a wide variety of market sectors including
Healthcare, Technology, Education, Office Space, Hospitality,
Winery, High Rise and Low Rise Residential. Peterson Mechanical
provides pre-construction, pre-fabrication, custom fabrication,
design/build and plan/spec. solutions for San Francisco, Oakland,
Sonoma, Napa and the surrounding areas. We are seeking an Assistant
Project Manager to join our competent team.
The Assistant Project Manager, under the direction of the Project
Manager, plans, coordinates, executes and maintains effective
construction organization utilizing the necessary engineering,
labor, equipment, materials, tools, subcontracted services and
other Company resources to perform the scope of the contracted work
on high rise residential, commercial and industrial
plumbing/piping/HVAC projects within budget and time schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Project Manager, assists with:
- the development and tracking of the project schedule
- establishing project cost control centers for tracking
equipment, material, labor, subcontracts and miscellaneous
- the direction of trade planners in the development of shop
drawings and coordination of the planning efforts with other
- the development of piping, plumbing and/or HVAC construction
- the resolution of issues/problems
- the reporting of project status to stakeholders
- the estimation and processing of changes in the scope of
- the management of construction documentation
- the inspection of the job site on a periodic basis
- follow up on warranty work
Other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Assists in sales calls.
- Attends pre-bid meetings.
- HS Diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of experience working
in the mechanical construction industry or BS in
- Knowledge of commercial and industrial plumbing or piping
- Knowledge of commercial and industrial HVAC systems.
- Ability to interpret computerized data.
- Computer literacy in Outlook, Excel and Word and Blue
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to
effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel throughout Bay
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Project and
- Knowledge of design, building and mechanical/plumbing code.
Sitting for prolonged periods required. Occasional standing and
walking required. Manual dexterity required for computer work.
Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs required. Office work
environment as well as construction site environment. Some exposure
to loud noise on construction sites at times. Reasonable
accommodations will be made available.
Peterson Mechanical offers a competitive compensation and benefits
Keywords: Peterson Mechanical, Vallejo , Assistant Project Manager, Executive , Sonoma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!