Home Health Nurse II (32 hour)
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 8, 2021
- Provides age-appropriate skilled
nursing care to patients in their place of residence in accordance
with agency policy and procedure and state and federal regulations.
Teaches the patient/family disease process and self-care needs.
Monitors physiological state to determine an appropriate level of
safety and comfort. Provides services requiring nursing skills in
accordance with the plan of care. Develops and coordinates the plan
of care and provides case management. Performs duties consistent
with the nursing practice act that includes the standards of
competent performance including Title 16, Chapter 14, Section 144.3
of the California Code of Regulations.Essential
Responsibilities:Provision of Care:
- Provides the initial all system nursing assessment prior to the
provision of care.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions including
obtaining written physician
- orders for changes.
- Provides care and services in accordance with the plan of
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic
manner, focusing on hysiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual
and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family
education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Provides ongoing periodic all system assessment of the patient
and the patient's equipment needs.
- Initiates preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedure
- Initiates timely discharges based on goals.
- Educates and instructs the patient, patient's family or other
staff as required.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
- Supervises and teaches LVN's and HHA's as required for patient
- Provides nursing care through all phases of care taking into
consideration age and developmental needs.Documentation and
- Documents all care, interventions and care coordination per
law, regulation and agency policy.
- Notifies the patient's attending MD, Podiatrist and other
professional persons and responsible staff of significant changes
in the patient's condition in a timely manner.
- Assists in coordinating all services provided.
- Consults with other health professionals when needed.Planning,
Organizing and Productivity:
- Effectively plans and organizes work assignment, manages and
sets competitive priorities, and completes work assignments with a
minimum of direct supervision per agency policy and within
established time frames.
- Adheres to the services policy and principles of the Kaiser
Permanente Medical Care Program.
- Supervises Home Health aides and LVNs according to law,
regulation and agency policy.Professional Behavior:
- Behaves in a courteous professional manner with patients,
health professionals and maintain patient confidentiality. Acts as
a patient advocate in utilizing Medicare, MediCal, Health Plan and
- Participates in Departmental Quality Assurance activities and
Utilization Review activities as requested.
- Self-Development: Selects and attends education programs to
keep current in area of practice. Utilizes new knowledge and
skills. Participates in in-service programs. Annually prepares
realistic professional goals and reviews their progress with
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: The job has no supervisory
- SPECIALITY AREA If no qualified candidate, will be willing to
train. Where indicated, candidates in training are required to
obtain appropriate certification(s) within the designated timeframe
for a particular field of practice.
- WOUND / OSTOMY CARE - 3 months experience as WOCN required. 1
year experience as a WOCN preferred. WOCN or CERTN certification
required. Graduate from an accredited WOCN education program.
- PALLIATIVE CARE: Two years recent (within the last 5 years)
experience in case management, and recent experience in palliative
care (such as oncology, home health, hospice, etc.) to include
experience in initiating and participating in end of life
discussions with patients and families, facilitating family
conferences and advanced care planning.
- Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Two years applicable registered nurse experience within the
last five (5) years, as determined by the Employer, of which at
least six (6) months must be home health experience within a
hospital-based or community based home health agency.Education
- Graduate from an approved school of professional nursing (AA,
Diploma, or BSN).
- High School Diploma/GED.License, Certification,
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in
- Current valid driver's license required.
- BLS certificate required.Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of the nursing process.
- Commitment to Service Orientation.
- Effective written and oral communication skills (in
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.Preferred
- Computer literate preferred.
- Experience in automated clinical information systems
- Oncology, hospice or care of terminally ill experience
preferred if working within the Hospice Department.PrimaryLocation
: California,Vallejo,Vallejo Park PlaceHoursPerWeek : 32Shift :
DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri and every 4th weekend. When the
weekend is worked the days off are the Fri before and the Mon
afterWorkingHoursStart : 8:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 5:00 PMJob
Schedule : Part-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : A10-NNU-California
Nurse's AssociationJob Level : Individual ContributorJob Category :
Nursing LicensedDepartment : Home HealthTravel : NoKaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
status.External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Vallejo , Home Health Nurse II (32 hour), Healthcare , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!