Staff Nurse II Multi Medical Center
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) II is a professional
caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group
of patients for a designated time frame. The RN II provides care to
patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the
environment and instrumentation, and other health care team
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic
manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual
and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family
education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where
appropriate to do so.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential
patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel,
equipment, and supplies.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family
rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides/coordinates care for patients/patient
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the
health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following
lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as
identified within the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations
following established protocols, remaining calm, informing
appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit
and department personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient
confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care
and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and Department Performance Improvement
activities as directed.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with
patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates
flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates
flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and
telecommunication modalities in documenting, tracking and conveying
information. Ability to navigate in a windows environment,
utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical
record system application.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and
based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and implements
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care of a
designated patient population.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit
and Department of Nursing personnel.
- Documents patient care and unit activities in a timely,
accurate, and concise manner.
- If no qualified candidate, may be willing to train in the
specialty areas listed below. Candidates in training are required
to obtain appropriate certifications within 6 months of hire or
transfer into unit.
- Palliative Care RN duties do not include discharge planning or
UM functions. May be required to make visits to patients home,
Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), clinic or other sites. Palliative
Care services may be provided telephonically or face to face in a
variety of settings: inpatient, clinic, home, SNF. Basic
Qualifications: Experience Two years recent (within the last 5
years) experience in case management, and recent experience in
palliative care (such as oncology, home health, hospice, etc.) to
include experience in initiating and participating in end of life
discussions with patients and families, facilitating family
conferences and advanced care planning. Education
- High School Diploma/GED
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and
completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student
clinical experience; OR Graduate of registered nursing program and
either: 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of
specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3)
years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed
vocational nursing program that includes clinical student
experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as a licensed
vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three
(3) years before graduation
- or (3) currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN
program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice
nursing. License, Certification, Registration
- Driver's License (California)
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff,
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement. Preferred
Qualifications: PrimaryLocation : California,Martinez,Martinez
Hacienda Home Health/PTHoursPerWeek : 1Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon,
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun *Variable- 8:30-5:00 in patient (and
1:30-9:00 ED coverage) as needed. Covering available shifts in
Walnut Creek & Antioch Medical Centers as neededWorkingHoursStart :
08:00 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PMJob Schedule : Per DiemJob Type :
Employee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation :
A10-NNU-California Nurse's AssociationJob Level : Individual
ContributorJob Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse
PractitionersDepartment : Martinez Hacienda Med Offices -
Palliative Care - Nursing - 0201Travel : Yes, 50 % of the
TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Vallejo , Staff Nurse II Multi Medical Center, Healthcare , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...