Cook, Inn at Sonoma
Company: Four Sisters Inns
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job DescriptionApply Here:
you looking for a new opportunity within the field of culinary
arts? We are looking for a talented Cook to join our team at our
lovely Inn at Sonoma, located in the beautiful Sonoma Valley! Must
be available to work weekends (Saturday & Sunday)! $300 Signing
Bonus after 90 days of employment!! SUMMARY OF POSITIONPrepares and
cooks breakfast, cookies, afternoon hors d'oeuvres and catered
events for guests of Four Sisters Inns.ABOUT FOUR SISTERS INNSFour
Sisters Inns is a collection of boutique inns and small hotels
located in California's most desirable destinations. Each is
one-of-a-kind, offering guests an authentic and personalized
experience, beautiful accommodations, and exceptional service. Over
the past 40 years, Four Sisters Inns has developed a loyal
following. We remain committed to fostering a culture that values
our employees, guests, and investors.CORE VALUESAt Four Sisters
Inns, we hire team members that embody our five core values:
- Grace. At Four Sisters Inns, grace is about being professional,
patient, and having true generosity of spirit when it comes to all
people in all situations.
- Grit. Grit is our passion and resilience; our desire and drive
to not be defeated nor take things personally.
- Attentive. It's all about the little details in our business;
they matter. We deliver on those details with genuine care. Our
heart is truly in it.
- Adaptable. We stay adaptable so our guests can stay relaxed.
We're always ready for the unexpected. Remaining open, flexible,
and able to pivot and switch gears at a moment's notice is
- Above and Beyond. We take everything just one step further than
the expected for our guests, fellow team members, and supervisors.
We seek out small moments to make a big impression. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may
- Maintains sanitary conditions and good organization throughout
- Assists in setting up breakfast service and buffet.
- Assists in setting and clearing tables and maintains
- Assists with breakfast in bed set-up; delivers tray and item to
- Occasionally caters a meal or cocktail party for an in-house or
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of
persons to be served. Washes dishes, sets and clears tables. Mops
floor, cleans appliances and cooking surfaces.
- Bakes breads and pastry.
- Empties trash.
- Plans menu taking advantage of foods in season and local
availability; stays within budget.
- Orders, unpacks supplies and puts them away. Keeps records and
accounts. Responsible for maintaining costs at established
- May direct activities of one or more workers who assist in
preparing and serving meals.
- Communicates with the Manager or Assistant Manager for
purchases of large items.
- Assists in establishing, maintaining, and overseeing all safety
policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal safety
regulations, including the Injury and Illness Prevention
- Maintains a current Food Handler's Certificate.
- Uses equipment and materials in a safe and acceptable manner,
follows established safety procedures, uses appropriate safeguards,
and observes common sense rules of safety in all on-the-job
- Conducts self in a manner reflecting credit on Four Sisters
Inns and encourages others to do the same. SUPERVISORY
- Directly supervises the kitchen helper.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
Inn's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
developing a sense of teamwork. Gives helper direction to
prioritize tasks and see that tasks are completed. QUALIFICATION
REQUIREMENTSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- One-year certificate from college or equivalent training; or
three to six months related experience, or equivalent combination
of education and experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, recipes, menus, and memos. Ability to write simple
correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in
one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other employees
of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute ratios. REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Ability to apply common sense to various issues that arise on a
regular basis. PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and taste or
smell. The employee is required to walk, talk, hear, and climb up
and down stairs and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or use
step stools or ladders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee
occasionally works near or with moving mechanical parts and sharp
knives, and in outside weather conditions. The employee is
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or
caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FOUR SISTERS INNS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERWe
enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment
decisions without regard to race, (including, but not limited to,
hair texture and protective hairstyles including but not limited
to, such hairstyles as braids, locks, and twists), religious creed,
color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression or transgender status, the genetic information of
an employee or employee's family member, national origin (including
an individual's use of a driver's license issued without
satisfactory proof of presence in the U.S. but otherwise meeting
criteria set forth under California law (otherwise referred to as
"AB 60 licenses"), religion, marital status, medical condition,
disability, military service or veteran status, perceived or actual
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions,
or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local
laws and ordinances.
Keywords: Four Sisters Inns, Vallejo , Cook, Inn at Sonoma, Hospitality & Tourism , Sonoma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!