Sr. HR Generalist
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Salary Range $70,000 - $95,000
Responsible for the company's general training efforts,
researching, developing and coordinating training and development
curriculum and maintaining employee training records. Research
training programs to meet company needs and partner with
departments to establish effective training plans for staff. Act as
primary instructor for sexual harassment prevention training and
facilitating orientation. This position is responsible for
coordinating the recruitment efforts for Meyer Corporation U.S.
Maintenance of all current job postings, job descriptions and
accurate processing of new hire paperwork, including I-9 compliance
and conducting new hire orientation. This position is also
responsible for keeping the database of job descriptions and org
charts current, maintaining job codes in the salary grade matrix,
and conducting the exempt testing on all active jobs. Responsible
for proactively researching various recruitment methods and forming
recommendations to attract qualified candidates. Building and
maintaining collaborative relationships with the hiring departments
to assist with finding the best hire. Additional responsibilities
include special projects and providing administrative support to
the Vice President of People.
Essential Job Duties
- Research, plan and coordinate various internal and external
training sessions within assigned budget.
- Act as a primary instructor for internal training efforts
including Sexual Harassment Prevention and Two-Day
- Research and develop curriculum and formulate recommendations
to address training opportunities.
- Partner with appropriate staff and outside training resources
to establish training programs as assigned.
- Maintain all employee training records in HRIS and generate
reports as needed.
- Update, develop and prepare training materials and
- Collect and review training requests for approval and
- Administer the Tuition Assistance Program and coordinate
approvals and payments to employees.
- Other HR related duties and special projects as assigned by the
Vice President of People.
- Write and place recruitment advertising for open job
opportunities following HR policy and budget guidelines. Refresh
ads as necessary to include key words and branding Meyer as an
employer of choice.
- Research, recommend and utilize various recruiting methods
including social media, specialty websites, colleges and vocational
schools, employment events and other alternative resources to
effectively attract qualified candidates within assigned
- Conduct passive candidate searches and proactively contact
possible candidates for consideration and share information about
the company and open positions.
- Ensure that internal and external job postings are current and
that applicants can access the online application. Regularly review
and report on the ROI of recruitment methods used.
- Responsible for running open positions report, fill rate
report, referral source report, tracking recruitment efforts by job
and tracking temporary staffing.
- Conduct training with hiring supervisors on the use of online
recruitment application, recruitment policies and procedures.
Schedule and review best practices with hiring manager when a new
requisition is approved.
- Responsible for providing interview guides to hiring managers
and reviewing the do's and don'ts of interviewing. Collect all
interview notes from hiring managers.
- Review resumes/applications for qualifications and salary
requirements, routing those meeting minimum qualifications and
salary requirements to hiring departments in a timely manner.
- Responsible for correspondence and responding to
candidates/applicants and ensuring letters to those candidates not
selected for hire are processed in a timely manner.
- Input, review and maintain candidate information into the
- Conduct reference verifications, background checks and
pre-employment drug screens on all selected candidates. Phone
screen candidates as needed and/or interview as dictated by
- Accurately prepare job offer letters for external and internal
candidates. Contact external candidates to make job offers and
coordinate on-boarding efforts with hiring department.
- Contact internal candidates regarding transfer policies. Make
recommendations regarding internal candidates and pay grades.
- Coordinate and present new employee orientation to all new
- Ensure new hire paperwork is fully completed.
- Ensure new hire orientation content and related forms are
current. Update paperwork in new hire folders as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the job description database,
working with departments to ensure job descriptions are current.
Form recommendations on slotting jobs in the salary matrix.
- Research, audit, and properly code recruitment related invoices
for approval. Enter charges in budget log.
- Ensure I-9 forms are completed properly and in a timely manner
according to DHS guidelines using E-verify.
- Responsible for coordinating and communicating any necessary
follow up regarding on-boarding survey results.
- Act as liaison with background and drug screen vendor,
temporary staffing agencies and with departments regarding
temporary staffing assignments.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President of
- Other HR related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Requires a college degree or coursework in Human Resources,
Organizational Development or Business or a related field.
- Must possess 5 years prior experience in generalist role with
prior experience with recruitment and training curriculum
development. Must have the ability to develop and deliver
- Must maintain current knowledge of Sexual Harassment prevention
- Professional certification as PHR or SPHR is highly
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office and/or Google
- Must have strong organizational skills, be detail oriented and
able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication
- Must be able to interface with all levels of employees in a
collaborative and professional manner.
- Must have the ability to take the initiative to seek
improvement opportunities to better department and company.
- Must possess mental and physical capacities necessary to
perform the job duties.
Work is performed primarily indoors. Lighting is artificial.
Equipment used includes standard office equipment i.e. computer,
telephone, and copier. Physical demands include sitting, walking,
standing, bending over, kneeling, repetitive use of hands,
grasping, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 25 lbs. Hours and days
are flexible within a Monday through Friday workweek. Position
requires close contact with Meyer employees.
Keywords: Meyer, Vallejo , Sr. HR Generalist, Human Resources , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...