Home Loan Advisor - Napa /
Company: Golden 1 Credit Union
Posted on: June 15, 2020
We go above and beyond for others -- that includes our team
members! You can take advantage of a powerful benefits package,
tuition reimbursement, training opportunities, and scholarships for
your dependents. Join our growing Home Loans team at Golden 1 and
see why Forbes rated us one of the Best-In-State Employers of
Home Branch Vallejo but also working in the Napa market as
The In-Market Home Loan Advisor is responsible for home loan
production from assigned branches and the local mortgage market.
They will work closely with the Branch Managers, local realtors and
other market sources to generate home loan referrals. The advisors
will be responsible for creating production strategies that will
enhance the credit union's market share in their assigned
market(s). The advisor is responsible for generating and responding
to inquiries and referrals from their assigned branches. Interviews
applicants to analyze financial and credit information, assist with
financing objectives, advises on products, pricing, and gathers any
other information required. The advisor will also be responsible
for self-sourcing home loans from the local mortgage market by
representing the credit union accordingly. The Advisor ensures
exceptional service by maintaining a thorough understanding of
lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Originate home loans by maintaining exceptional service levels
and product knowledge. Discuss our home loan products and programs
via phone, email or in person.
- Work with branch management and staff to educate and strategize
to increase home loan production from our members.
- Work with branch management to develop market strategies to
drive new membership and home loans to the credit union.
- Work with realtors and other business partners in the market
their assigned branches are located. Maintain membership in realtor
groups and attend business development events such as mixers, local
fairs and any other event that can build the home loans brand and
- Obtain and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data.
Provide initial assessment of the loan and product
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including, RESPA,
HPML, HOEPA, HCML, HMDA, Fair Lending and bank secrecy and
anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Monitor home loan pipeline to ensure loans are attended to
promptly, efficiently and accurately to the established home loan
- Negotiate with members on counter offers or communicate
declinations when their initial request cannot be met due to
program limitations such as maximum loan-to-value, debt-to-income,
valuation, reserves, etc. Demonstrate the ability to delicately
handle difficult situations while maintaining complete
- Interact with other advisors and fulfillment staff to ensure
proper procedural compliance, team collaboration and
- Consistently notate conversations with member in LOS to ensure
- Additional duties as assigned by Management.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE
PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to
interact with members, branches, contact center staff and other
outside contacts on the telephone, e-mail or in-person.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate
an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment,
such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine
- Effective technology and reporting skills are required to
direct and mange origination activities.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: All levels of Staff/Management/Members/Third
- EXTERNAL: Realtors/Vendors/Organizations/Select Employer
Groups/Other Business Partners
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum , or
equivalent work experience is required
- EXPERIENCE: 2 years or more of mortgage loan origination
- Exceptional member service and member relation skills.
- Strong credit analysis and general financial analysis.
- Current working knowledge of the mortgage industry.
- Full knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC-Secondary Market and FHA
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advisory and consultative home loans skills.
- Working knowledge of financial calculators, personal computer,
copier, facsimile, etc.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will
be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to
interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Occasional bending and stooping, as may be required to
- MLO Registration required: An individual in this position has
been determined to be a Mortgage Loan Originator as defined by the
S.A.F.E Act and whose responsibilities include taking applications
and discusses terms or negotiates rates on loans secured by real
- A valid California driver's license and a clear driving record
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k retirement
- Paid time off
- Competitive salaries and incentive program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Golden 1 Credit Union, Vallejo , Home Loan Advisor - Napa /, Other , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!