Neuropsychology Postdoctoral Resident
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Behavioral
Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you
can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better
health. Neuropsychology Postdoctoral Resident Description: Based in
the department of Psychiatry and Physical Medicine and
Rehabilitation, under the supervision of a licensed
neuropsychologist, provides 4000 hours of supervised clinical
postdoctoral training over two years. Completion of this program
will satisfy one of the requirements for the incumbent to sit for
the psychology licensing exam. Also enables the incumbent to meet
the California Board of Psychology requirements for supervision and
includes didactic training and a small research component. Program
follows the Houston Guidelines for practice in
Neuropsychology.--Training year begins in September and ends in
August. Position is 40 hours per week, temporary with benefits.
This position ONLY pertains to the Northern California
Neuropsychology Training Consortium. For more information please
visit our website at
- Provides neuropsychological assessment of adults, adolescents
- Administers, scores and interprets psychological and
- Writes test reports and provide feedback to patients, families
- Participates in regional and departmental training
- Participates in departmental administrative and educational
- Maintains confidential patient files/records and information in
a timely manner.
- Complies with regional and local policies and procedures.
- Complies with APA's Code of Ethics and state laws pertaining to
the delivery of mental health services.
- Provides other duties as assigned, including provision of brief
treatment psychotherapy, behavioral management and psychoeducation
to all staff and caregivers.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
employees. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- N/A Education
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Completion of PhD/PsyD/EdD in Clinical, Counseling, Health or
School Psychology from an APA-accredited doctoral program, to be
completed by residency start date (Verification of Completion of
all Requirements for Doctoral Degree form required).
- Must have received doctoral training at an APA-accredited or
APPIC-member internship program. License, Certification,
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Must partcipate in the national APPA CAS postdoctoral
application process prior to applying to Kaiser Permanente.
- Must submit three letters of reference: one letter must be from
most recent primary supervisor.
- Must submit two (2) de-identifed neuropsychological report
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity
necessary for assuming professional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and
participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in neuropsychological evaluations of adults,
adolescents, and/or children, including administering and writing
up neuropsychological reports and assessment batteries.
- Coursework in neuropsychology. Primary Location:
California,Vallejo,Vallejo Hospital Tower Additional Locations: San
Francisco 4141 Geary Medical Offices, 4141 Geary Blvd., San
Francisco,California, 94118 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift:
Variable Workdays: variable Working Hours Start: variable Working
Hours End: variable Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
NUE-NCAL-06-NUE-Non Union Employee Job Level: Entry Level Job
Category: Behavioral / Mental Health Department: Mental Health
Training Program Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is
an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Careers Our Events Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente
team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward
to seeing you! Sign up to receive information about opportunities
that relate to your interests.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Vallejo , Neuropsychology Postdoctoral Resident, Other , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!