Supervisor Front Desk
Company: Sage Hospitality Resources, LLP
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Why us? You were always one of those curious kids who opened
every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask
"why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal
style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are
passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the
places one wouldn't find in a travel guide. If this sounds like
you, you're in the right place. You've got authentic style, natural
curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a
place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the
world with style like yours. That's why we're not just looking for
anyone. We're looking for someone like you. Job Overview Supervises
front office staff ensuring an efficient operation producing
excellent results for our customers. Responds in a professional and
courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by
providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to
telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel
information and guest concerns. Responsibilities
- Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal
level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
- Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach
and counsel the front desk team members to ensure a quality
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick,
efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
and quality service.
- Completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests
and facilitates guest departure in order to close the guest account
and make the room available for the next guest.
- Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest
accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash
handling methods and established procedures in order to present the
customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and
maintain accurate hotel records.
- Courteously and accurately answers inquiries from potential
guests and accepts hotel reservations. Uses suggestive selling
techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all
in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and
concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses in person and on
- Operates the PBX equipment, including, assisting outgoing
calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains
complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel
bank agreement policy.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed
necessary by management. Qualifications Education/Formal Training
High school education or equivalent experience. Experience 1 or
more full years employment experience in a related position with
this company or other organization(s). Knowledge/Skills
- Requires understanding of all hotel front office
- Requires high school graduate level mathematical aptitude and
knowledge of standard cash handling procedures and computerized
cash register systems.
- Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public
and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service
- Requires knowledge of company/hotel policies and procedures and
the ability to determine course of action based on these
- Requires supervision/management skills.
- Ability to communicate information and hotel services to
management and guests. Second language may be required.
- Must be able to operate computer, calculator and telephone
keyboards, for cash handling and paperwork processing. Physical
Demands The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to communicate in person and on telephone
- Ability to read written communiqus, analyzing reports and
seeing monochrome computer screen.
- Excellent speech communication skills required for continual
interaction with guests. Frequent use of phone.
- Excellent literacy necessary to analyze report data, prepare
reports and initiate correspondence.
- Continuous standing 90% of time -communicating with
- No climbing required. No driving required.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. guest luggage; limited. Pushing up to 50
lbs. bell cart; limited. Pulling up to 50 lbs. bell cart; limited.
Carrying up to 25 lbs. guest luggage; limited.
- Continuous standing -80% of shift. Environment Prolonged
standing at indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled work
station under florescent lighting. Work inside 95% ID: 2021-2990
Position Type: Regular Full-Time Property : The Lodge at Sonoma
Outlet: Hotel Category: Front Desk & Guest Services Address : 1325
Broadway City : Sonoma State : California EOE Protected
Keywords: Sage Hospitality Resources, LLP, Vallejo , Supervisor Front Desk, Other , Sonoma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!