Transit Driver Trainee
Company: National Express Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of
National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation
firms in the United Kingdom. National Express Transit (NEXT) is the
transit division of National Express LLC and is a rapidly growing
provider of transit, paratransit, and shuttle services for transit
authorities, municipalities and other clients across the United
States. National Express Transit operations transport more than 22
million passengers annually with more than 2,800 vehicles. All of
our divisions share a strong commitment to provide the highest
level of transportation safety, quality transportation, outstanding
customer service and positive employee relations.
- Provides safe and reliable transportation service to passengers
by operating position specific vehicles which may include sedans,
vans, paratransit vans, limousines, taxi-cabs, shuttles, transit
buses, school buses, and/or motor coaches with a fixed or changing
- Reports any maintenance problems to Maintenance in accordance
with Company procedure and does not operate an unsafe vehicle.
- Reports to duty on time and maintains assigned route on time
but in a safe manner.
- Physically assists passengers in evacuation of the vehicle in
case of emergency.
- Immediately reports any accident or incident per Company
- Exercises passenger and/or student management per Company
- Informs all appropriate personnel of problems/procedures.
- Keeps the interior of the assigned vehicle clean and
- Presents a neat and professional personal appearance at all
- Ensures vehicle is properly fueled according to facility
- Completes all required paperwork (including route change
sheets, time cards, vehicle repair requests) and submits to the
appropriate authority in a timely manner.
- Maintains a cooperative attitude with fellow employees,
supervisors, customers, and passengers while always promoting
- Prepares vehicle for inclement weather conditions, including
scraping or cleaning windows, applying tire chains.
- Safely and efficiently utilizes vehicle equipment, including
wheelchair lifts, radios and emergency equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- boarding or disembarking from the vehicle
- Previous experience as a Fix Route Driver recommended
- Must be at least 21 years of age; .
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, all valid applicable state
license and other required certifications to operate company
- Must meet physical and medical requirements and pass substance
abuse screening; as a safety-sensitive employee, will be subject to
random substance abuse screening under Company policy.
- Must satisfactorily complete and pass all training and attend
safety meetings and in-service meetings in order to remain
- Extensive knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift and assist passengers when necessary.
- Must have a high degree of attention and considerable dexterity
in the control of vehicles such as sedans, vans, paratransit vans,
limousines, taxi-cabs, shuttles, transit buses, school buses,
and/or motor coaches.
- Must practice defensive driving at all times and avoid
vehicular and industrial accidents by practicing safe driving and
- Compliance with all applicable company, federal, state, county,
district, and contract specific Driver requirements.
Note: All interested applicants for a Transit Driver position
begin with us as a Driver Trainee. The best-trained drivers in the
business work for us because we devote a significant amount of
resources, training and development to our employees. Upon
successful completion of our training program and successful
completion of all necessary requirements for the position,
individuals are placed in a Driver role.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Company name is : National Express Transit
Keywords: National Express Corporation, Vallejo , Transit Driver Trainee, Other , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!