Assistant Manager - Full Time
Company: Planet Fitness
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our Job Opening:
We are searching for an Assistant Manager to join our team! As a
key member of our staff, you will be responsible for assisting the
oversight of club operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement
Free" member experience! You will assist in the hiring and training
process for all club employees and will be accountable for leading
the team in a positive, motivating manner with a continuous focus
on employee development. You will also be responsible for ensuring
a financially successful club.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Staff Management:
- Create staffing schedules with the assurance that all shifts
are regularly covered.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for
direct reports by training and coaching staff members to provide
exceptional customer service.
- Administer and process all weekly/bi-weekly employee
- Prepare and submit all HR related forms in a timely
- Resolve employee issues or concerns in a professional
- Manage disciplinary/termination activities.
- Provide backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Customer Service/Front Desk Activities:
- Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer
service and doing your best to make members feel comfortable and
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a
variety of questions.
- Check members in, tour and sign up new members, log amenities
and communicate updates and events to members and guests.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and
- Conduct beverage or merchandise purchases on the point of sale
- Member Accounts:
- Utilize POS system to assist with new membership cards, change
of address and billing or payment questions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds.
- Club Cleanliness and Maintenance:
- Keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Regular facility cleaning and upkeep such as mopping up spills
under equipment, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors, and
- Regular cleaning of all exercise equipment and tanning
- Ensure restrooms are clean, stocked and clutter free by
creating and following routine cleaning schedule.
- Oversee the safety of employees, members and club property by
determining when equipment or facilities are in need of repair and
communicating to Facilities Maintenance team in a timely
- Make daily bank deposits.
- Oversee the ordering of club supplies using specific budget
based on club requirements.
- Track Key Performance Indicators such as guest counts, cancels,
info calls (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Manage marketing efforts by ensure that staff is aware and
trained on all marketing promotions.
- 1 year of customer service experience is preferred, preferably
in the fitness industry.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft office Suite).
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Exceptional leadership and diplomacy skills.
- A passion for health and fitness.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Why you should join Planet Fitness!
- Contribute to changing people's lives every day by helping us
create a healthier Planet!
- Work hard and play hard with an amazing group of talented,
Want more reasons?
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vacation/Sick Time/Holiday Pay
- Free Black Card Membership
- 401(K) and Roth Retirement Savings Plans
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Term Life Insurance
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee
and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither
dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees
or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to
control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or
their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring
compliance with local, state and federal law.
Keywords: Planet Fitness, Vallejo , Assistant Manager - Full Time, Other , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!