Human Resource Generalist (Temporary)
Company: Constellation Brands
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We're the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and
spirts brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we're
driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver
products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into
the future. Because of this approach, we're the fastest-growing
large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the
U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of
iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford,
Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West
Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But
we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of
consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945
and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and
experiences Worth Reaching For.
Are you looking for an opportunity to help drive the people
agenda for a growing alcohol beverage company? Do you enjoy
developing relationships and growing the organization's
capabilities, while ensuring compliance is met? If so, this may be
the role you've been seeking!
This is a temporary position (4-6 months) where you will play a
vital role in the functional, and transactional support of several
client groups; including: administration of day-to-day policies and
procedures, general client customer service and HR administration,
staffing & recruitment, employee relations, and compliance. In
addition, you will have the opportunity to assist with special
company-wide human resources projects, as needed. Your client group
will include 5 winery locations and our Vineyards teams in Sonoma
and Napa County, CA. This role will be primarily based in Napa, but
occasional travel to Sonoma County is required.
- Perform all HR responsibilities including day-to-day support of
employee relations, employee engagement, employee development, and
partnering with centers of excellence to ensure true HR business
partnership and customer service.
- Assist in the design of presentations and facilitation/training
to client groups including arranging training logistics.
- Ensure Company locations are in compliance with current labor
- Manage recruitment efforts for seasonal and regular, full-time
non-exempt positions. This may include posting open jobs
internally/externally, maintaining recruitment file/records,
scheduling interviews, tracking the status of background checks,
and partnering with supervisors, managers and external agencies on
status updates and needs.
- On-boards and off-boards new hires and seasonal harvest staff,
ensuring all policies are reviewed and required and that
documentation is collected and submitted correctly.
- Assists employees with general HR questions routing requests to
ECC, Payroll, Benefits Administrator or HR and ensuring timely
- Advises HR Manager of employee issues that have arisen and
needs to be addressed.
- Prepares all employment documentation needed for entry into
HRIS, such as new hires, department transfers, salary changes,
terminations, etc. Obtains approval from HR Business Partner and
submits to HRIS Administrator for processing.
- Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and
policies to safeguard personal safety, company property,
environmental and team member's safety.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- 1-3 years of HR or Administrative experience.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a fast-paced,
supporting multiple locations
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to
- Experience in full-cycle recruitment.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must maintain confidentiality in all employment matters.
- Intermediate proficiency in computer applications, including MS
- Valid CA Driver's License.
- Willing and able to travel within Sonoma County
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Workday preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor's degree
- SHRM-CP or PHR
- Labor Relations experience
- Alc/bev or FMCG experience
- Strong presentation and analytical ability
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Local travel 50% of the time, the majority of which is within
Napa and Sonoma County.
- While performing the responsibilities of this position, the
individual is required to have ambulatory skills sufficient to
visit various parts of the winery and other locations. Requires the
ability to stand, walk, climb stairs and occasionally lift and/or
move up to 40 pounds. It also requires sitting, operating a
computer keyboard, telephone and other equipment, reading, talking
and hearing for extended periods of time.
- Working conditions in certain production areas of the wineries,
warehouses and vineyards can be cold, wet, slippery and noisy.
- The physical requirements listed here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
key responsibilities/essential functions. Reasonable accommodation
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential key responsibilities/essential functions.
NOTE: The purpose of this job description is to describe the
primary job functions and the level of work performed by
individuals assigned to this position. This job description is not
an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position.
Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from
particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
Healdsburg, California, Sonoma, California, St. Helena,
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of
equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment
opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex,
race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national
origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital
status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression),
familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information,
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any
other group or category within the framework of the applicable
discrimination laws and regulations).
Keywords: Constellation Brands, Vallejo , Human Resource Generalist (Temporary), Other , Sonoma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!