Info Sys Mgr 2
Company: University of California
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Sonoma Valley Hospital (SVH) IT Director is the primary
leader of information technology (IT) services and functions at
SVH. As an embedded member of the local operations teams at SVH,
the incumbent provides day-to-day leadership of IT resources,
services, and projects. This role will be dedicated to SVH until
such time that the IT environment is stabilized, and major IT
programs (e.g. electronic health record implementation, security
remediation) are completed. At the appropriate time, this role may
expand to include support of other UCSF Affiliate IT leadership
needs as the circumstances require.
The incumbent is required to understand, interpret, and
communicate SVH operational objectives, develop strategies and
policies, and ensure human, financial, and physical resources of
SVH IT are properly aligned with the operational and clinical needs
of SVH in a secured environment. This includes the establishment of
operational processes, tools, controls, and skillsets required to
deliver stable, secure, and predictable IT environments, as well as
high quality and timely delivery of IT, services to SVH. The
incumbent, operating with a high degree of autonomy, oversees
through peer and subordinate Managers the accountability and
stewardship of department resources and the development of systems
and procedures to protect organizational assets. Additionally, the
incumbent is responsible to bring forward and apply the UCSF IT
standards of IT operations, security, governance, external IT
partner services, and technology where appropriate. Finding
opportunities to leverage the UCSF IT contracts and pricing for the
benefit of SVH is also an expectation of this role.
The incumbent will also collaborate closely with the SVH Chief
Medical Officer (CMO) and the UCSF Associate CIO of Enterprise
Systems for purposes of attaining advice, direction, priority
setting, and budget planning. This may include advocating with the
CMO of IT investment needs and advising on the risks within the IT
environment such that SVH executives have the information necessary
to make informed and pragmatic decisions about which IT investments
As part of this, the incumbent is expected to exemplify UCSF and
SVH core values of judgment, communication, innovation, and impact
and continue to build and strengthen departmental culture, employee
engagement, and strong customer service to all business partners
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Makes day-to-day decisions on IT-related matters, prioritizes
the focus of the SVH IT team and ensures achievements of
- Manage the performance and skillset of the SVH IT team to
establish and maintain high performance which may include coaching,
developing, and transitioning staff as appropriate.
- Reviews status of information technology operations and
projects and prepares recommendations for new systems or
- Coordinates agendas and preparation of materials for local
IT-related governance or decision-making meetings. Participates in
appropriate UCSF Health IT governance forums to promote
- Evaluate ongoing user needs and identify gaps in client
training or information technology (IT) service delivery.
- Establish and assign responsibilities for the administrative
processes required to support selection, contracting, acquisition,
payment, and management of IT vendors and partners.
- Leverage UCSF information technology practices and procedures
for operational excellence in IT areas where appropriate, e.g.
end-user security awareness training/communication.
- Provides responsive advice, counsel, education, and service to
SVH leaders concerning IT matters, engaging other SVH and UCSF team
members for support as appropriate.
- Keep senior leaders at SVH informed and involved in major IT
- In conjunction with CMO and Associate CIO UCSF, develop annual
operating and capital budgets for IT.
- Act as a key point of coordination for projects and services
provided by UCSF.
- Establish and maintain a culture of teamwork and effective
- Assign and delegate activities across the SVH IT team
- Develop and support a culture of Service Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports to CEO
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at UCSF
Health and affiliate partner locations.
- 5-10 years of experience managing an information technology
- 5+ years of healthcare-related experience
- Experience working within health systems, large academic
centers, and community hospitals
- At least one prior implementation of IT systems in a hospital
and clinic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate individuals with
different professional training, skill sets, and personalities,
across teams, and regardless of relative rank or status, in order
to execute complex, impactful projects and initiatives in a
- Demonstrated proficiency with the design of workflow processes
integrated with automated systems.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and maintain good interpersonal
relationships, and proficiency in team building, conflict
resolution, group interaction, and customer service.
- General knowledge of information technology components
especially in the areas of infrastructure, security, and
- Advanced degree preferred.
Keywords: University of California, Vallejo , Info Sys Mgr 2, Other , Sonoma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!