With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits
brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply
Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
NORTH COAST EXPERIENCE MARKETING INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
LOCATION: SONOMA & NAPA COUNTIES, CA
Named a Glassdoor "Best Places to Work" three years in row, we
couldn't be prouder of our company culture. As the largest
family-owned winery in the world with over 100+ unique wine and
spirits brands, our products are synonymous with life's special
occasions. Come celebrate with us! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect
North Coast Marketing Department
The Experience Marketing Team comprises four departments whose
goal is the same - grow brand loyalty. The departments include:
Direct-to-Consumer, Member Services, Trade Hospitality and Events
Marketing. These departments interact with consumers via different
channels and experiences, and all aim to increase awareness and
ultimately loyalty for E & J Gallo Winery's brands.
The North Coast Experience Marketing Internship Program is
searching for appropriate candidates to fill the 3-month positions
(approximately mid-June through mid-September) within our
department. Interns will learn Direct-to-Consumer, Trade
Hospitality, Wine Club, E-Commerce, and Events Marketing business
in a fast-paced winery hospitality environment. Interns will rotate
through these departments to gain an in-depth understanding of the
Winery's guest experience and hospitality models.
As a member of the Hospitality group interns will:
- Participate in product training to learn the Gallo
- Assist with daily tasting room operations, including increasing
wine sales and wine club acquisitions.
- Assist with wine and soft good inventories in the Tasting
- Support customer service efforts with Wine Club team; assists
with the coordination of wine club shipments and activates Wine
- Learn and execute the Trade Hospitality tour experience for
Louis M. Martini Winery.
- Support Trade Hospitality efforts with regards to planning,
setting up and executing Trade guest experiences that are best in
- Assist Trade Hospitality in hosting guest experiences on
property in Napa and Sonoma.
- Participate in the planning, set up and implementation of an
Event Marketing event.
- Create and presents final internship project that highlights
innovation ideas in guest experience in five areas: Direct to
Consumer, E-Commerce Wine Club, Trade Hospitality, and Events
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency
- Currently enrolled at a college or university and working
towards a Bachelor's degree in the following majors OR have
obtained a Bachelor's degree in the following majors: Business, Ag
Business, Marketing, Communications, Hotel/Food and Beverage
Management, Sales, Public Relations, Wine Studies, Culinary Arts,
Biological Sciences or Hospitality.
- Required to be 21 years of age or older.
- Required to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license
and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's
license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Junior or Senior class standing at a college or university and
working towards a Bachelor's degree in Business, Ag Business,
Marketing, Communications, Hotel/Food and Beverage Management,
Sales, Public Relations, Wine Studies, Biological Sciences,
Culinary Arts or Hospitality.
- Proficiency with personal computer spreadsheets, databases, and
word processing software is desired.
- Public speaking experience.
- Strong interest and passion for wine and food.
- Previous work/internship experience in hospitality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this
position now or in the future.
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits
historically associated with race, including but not limited to,
hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and
twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion,
physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as
defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing
genetic characteristics in California), genetic information,
marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical
conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender
status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic
violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis
protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a
disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.
Nearest Major Market: Santa Rosa
Nearest Secondary Market: Petaluma
Job Segment: Intern, Communications, Marketing Communications,
PR, Marketing, Entry Level