Clinical Office Assistant
Company: La Clinica de la Raza
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Who we are: La Clnica de La Raza is a community-based health
center committed to providing culturally appropriate, high-quality,
and accessible health care to the diverse communities of the San
Francisco Bay Area. We have spent over 40 years advocating for and
creating a health-home for the many that have been denied access to
care. As health care activists, we are dedicated to ensuring that
individuals who do not have healthcare coverage receive the same
quality healthcare as those who do. From our genesis as a community
health center in 1971, we understood that we cannot heal our
communities without also addressing the economic and social factors
that affect health. Many times, this requires that we go outside
and provide services in other settings that link individuals to our
health center for preventive and primary care. Over 90,000
individuals come to La Clnica because it is a welcoming place that
addresses the whole person, coordinating and connecting them to a
broad network of services to improve and maintain their health and
well-being. While we are still known for our activism and spirit of
social justice, we are also proud to have grown into a
sophisticated provider of primary health care services with 35
sites across Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano counties.
Who you are: We are looking for Clinical Office Assistants who
are inspired to deliver a great experience to our patients and who
want to play an important role in patient-centered care. Clinical
Office Assistants are the first face and point of contact with our
patients. You will be challenged to be an efficient task-master
while at the same time providing a human touch and an excellent
overall patient experience. Many people excel in one of these
areas, but it takes someone with a special combination of skills
and character to do both. To be successful, you need to enjoy
interacting with people from diverse backgrounds, to feel energized
by a fast-paced clinic environment, and remain cool under pressure
even when serving a person who is upset, disrespectful, or
impatient. You should have a successful history of being
responsible, reliable and capable of solving problems while being
friendly and helpful in seeking ways to support other care team
Major Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited
- Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and register
patients in the appropriate electronic system.
- Determine source of payment by verifying program eligibility in
government or insurance plans.
- Collect payment for services rendered, operate cash register,
and maintain an accurate till.
- Hear and resolve patient complaints or escalate
- Participate in problem-solving to assure targets for revenue
and customer satisfaction are met.
- Answer telephone inquiries and provide information or route
incoming telephone calls to the appropriate person or
- Schedule, confirm, and process appointments.
General Office Duties
- Perform general office duties such as sorting mail, filing and
- Receive and route messages or documents, such as laboratory
results, to appropriate staff.
- Retrieve and enter data into medical records system.
- Assist patients in completing forms.
- Operate standard office equipment including computer,
calculator, fax and copy machines.
- Screen and monitor requests, completing or routing as
- Inventory stock, order, and verify receipt of medical, lab, or
office supplies or equipment.
- Perform record keeping duties as required.
Commitment to Quality
- Contribute to a welcoming clinical space and healthy work
environment through proactive relationship building, direct
communication, and practicing sound judgment.
- Communicate and work effectively with all members of the care
team to best serve patients.
- Participate fully in huddles, staff meetings, team building
activities and assigned development opportunities.
- Adherence to La Clnicas ethical and professional standards,
including policies and procedures.
- Complete required trainings and policy acknowledgements in
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Knowledge of basic medical/dental terminology and office
procedures and processes
- Effective approaches to customer service delivery.
- Modern medical office and computer systems and applications,
especially MS Word, Outlook.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records and Electronic Practice
Management systems preferred.
- Demonstrated good judgment in identifying effective solutions
or approaches to customer service related problems.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding patient
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills in
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred (or Specify
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Minimum typing speed of 25-30 wpm.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as
collectively to complete daily tasks.
- Ability to perform detailed administrative work methodically
with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to accept changes
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively in team
- Ability to communicate and work congenially with people from
various ethnic, socio-economic, and educational backgrounds and
- Ability to participate with other staff in Saturday and evening
Other Certifications and Experience
- High school diploma/equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience in a clinical or similar professional
- Meet all health clearances required for healthcare
Medical Office Assistant Certification preferred.
Keywords: La Clinica de la Raza, Vallejo , Clinical Office Assistant, Other , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!