$16.30/hr, plus $1500 new hire bonus, see details below
Starting hourly wage for this position is between $15.00 -
$15.30/hour depending on specific role and shift. This production
position works in a production area processing poultry products.
Requires working with live poultry, raw and/or cooked products.
Typical assignments may include live hang, debone, cut up,
evisceration, marination, stack off, Multivac, overwrap and/or
sanitation. Usually works five to six days a week; overtime may be
required based on production needs.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works at various stations along the production line processing
poultry food products.
- Adheres to all safety requirements including PPE (Personal
Protective Equipment), preventing and reporting unsafe acts and
conditions, Lockout-Tagout procedures and Process Safety Management
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Participates in Company and department safety programs.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
REM-03 WS-03 WS-TC
When in a plant environment:
- Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include
metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees
Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
- May be exposed to dust, feathers and all chemicals used in
poultry, food, processing facility.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Shift start: 2:30AM or 3:00AM
Shift length: 12 hours
Monday - Friday, occasional Saturdays required
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
High School or equivalent not required but beneficial. A minimum of
6 months of consecutive work history with one employer within the
past 3 years. Experience in poultry processing/manufacturing
- Must pass drug screen
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
$1500 new hire incentive
This Retention Bonus will be paid in 4 separate installments
when associate reaches 30, 60, 90 days and 6 months of
About Perdue Farms
Perdue Farms is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for
everyone they touch through innovative food and agricultural
products. Since their beginning on Arthur Perdue’s farm in 1920, to
their expansion into agribusiness and the introduction of the
PERDUE® brand of chicken and turkey under Frank Perdue. Continuing
with their third generation of leadership with Chairman Jim Perdue,
they've remained family-owned and family operated. They are working
to become the most-trusted name in food and agricultural