Wet Glue Litho Press Operator II
Company: Multi-Color Corporation
Posted on: October 11, 2021
one of the largest and most awarded label companies in the world,
servicing segments such as Home & Personal Care, Food &
Beverage, Wine & Spirits and Consumer Durables. A true global
leader, our state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26
employees are guided by our core values: Integrity,
Passion, Creativity, Perseverance and
Achievement. These values constantly
guide our interactions and decision making at
for supporting the Lead Press Operators in all job functions as
outlined per primary duties and responsibilities to ensure best
quality and maximum productivity. The number one priority of the
set up crew is to ensure the pressmen have what they need to keep
the presses running!
Primary Duties and
This includes but is not limited to:
- Check press schedule and make sure all components are ready for
next job to insure a quick change over.
- Verify with Set-up crew that all elements are correct and set
up. (e.g. tooling, screen/foil units, etc.)
- Ensure screen units have all components. (make sure squeegee
blade is ground and in good shape)
- Collect job bag, job record, correct reading folder, and speci.
Review all relevant information with Operator before starting make
- Make sure correct job stock/foil and make ready rolls are at
- Ensure that all other preparation has been performed before job
is actually on press (e.g. plates mounted, inks and varnishes at
press, screen at press, etc.) If anything is missing advise Team
- Assist Operator with make ready.
- Do scuff test and read bar code. This can be done (in most
cases) prior to sign off once all elements of print are on job
- Continuously and proactively monitor inks, paper, foil, and
varnishes on all presses during the run and ensure there are
sufficient amounts to complete the run.
- Cover for the pressmen when they take breaks/lunch.
- Prepare for next print change (e.g. mount plates, get ink,
- Assist with wash-up and changeover of press. All 2nd operators
should have the ability to wash up the units and change over any
part of the press. (changeovers should be all hands on deck)
- Tag and return to the Warehouse any paper or foil with proper
identification and bar code immediately after job is complete.
- File job record back in binder. (update job records as
- Responsible for following all task breakdowns.
- Be proactive. Always be a step ahead of operator.
- Responsible for providing 1st Operator with roll tags.
- Make sure press supplies are filled at end of shift.
- Maintain a clean work area and follow all 5S standards. Wipe
down presses, sweep and mop the floor
- Make sure trash bins and dirty rag containers are emptied at
end of shift.
- Make sure unused inks and coatings are returned to ink room or
properly dumped in to waste drums.
- Make sure shift change items are done and checklist is
initialed and reviewed with next shift.
- Responsible for helping other presses, regardless of your
- When these things are addressed on a daily basis we will have a
productive, clean and efficient department.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of
Multi-Color Corporation. TalentBoost is committed to the
fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for
every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of
TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or
ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
under applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Multi-Color Corporation, Vallejo , Wet Glue Litho Press Operator II, Other , Sonoma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!