Posted on: June 23, 2022
Cook Position Summary:--
As a cook, your main job function is to prepare daily meals for all
the residents in the living facility. You may also be asked to
prepare special meals for facility events and parties.--
Benefits offered Example:
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for full-time
- Retirement plan options 401k
- FT/PT and on call shifts available
- Paid HCA Training--
- Free parking, meals, and a great team!
--Responsibilities of the Cook:
- Prepare and cook all food items and meals in accordance with
planned menus and recipes ensuring all--meals and food prepared are
of high quality, palatable and appetizing
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, parties, events,
- Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse
- Make only authorized food substitutions and consult with and
advise Dining Services Director on menu changes
- Prepare food and serve in accordance with sanitary regulations,
as well as with established policies and procedures.
- Report any incidents or infractions to Dining Services
- Inspect special diet requests and orders to assure that the
correct diet is being served.
- Plan the timing of food production to coordinate with meal
serving hours so that quality, temperature, and appearance of food
- Maintain control over meal portions and food
- Estimate food requirements and controls serving portions
thereby eliminating waste and leftovers.
- Ensure that the next day's items are in stock and pulled and
thawing under refrigeration as dictated by the menus.
- Open or close kitchen as dictated by department
- Assist, when requested, in the purchasing, inventory, checking
in and storing of food and supplies.
- Ensure that stock levels of staple/non-staple food, supplies,
equipment, etc., are organized and maintained at adequate levels at
- Work closely with the Dining Services Director in specifying
and selecting food products.
- Ensure that food storage areas are clean and properly
organized/arranged at all times.
- Responsible for all cleaning items assigned and/or posted on
- Ensure a sanitary work environment and conform to all local
codes and policies regarding proper storage, handling and serving
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and Experience:--
- High School diploma or (GED); as well as a one-year certificate
from a college or technical school preferred.
- With a minimum of six months of food preparation experience
Special Licenses and other Special Requirements:--
Current Serve Safe Certification required. Obtain/ hold any local,
state and /or required food handling/ sanitation licenses or
Successful candidates must be able to pass a background check,
pre-employment TB and Physical if hired.
COGIR Management USA delivered the Happy Living brand by listening
attentively to the--needs of American seniors, their families, and
Every Happy Living community is a unique and dynamic place, shaped
by the residents themselves and led by an empowered on-site
executive team. We promote local leadership so decisions are made
on-site, quickly, and in the best interests of the community. --We
are proud of our teams.
Keywords: Cogir, Vallejo , Cook, Other , Sonoma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!