Company: Greater Vallejo Recreation District
Posted on: May 22, 2023
This position is responsible for supervising the District's pool,
recruiting, training and supervising staff, collecting cash
payments, and providing customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as lead worker. Provides guidance and training to lower
- Provides customer service to patrons. Responds to inquiries and
concerns. Provides information on services offered.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of the pool.
- Oversees assigned programs, including swim lessons and
- Provides assistance at the front desk. Answer phones, greets
visitors, and collects cash payments.
- Performs related work as required.
- Work requires providing guidance and the potential to oversee
another employee. This position may oversee work quality, training,
instructing, and work assignments.
- Position has moderate fiscal responsibility. May be responsible
for the billing, collection and/or accounting of funds. May be
responsible for the handling and balancing of cash.
Required Education and Experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years' experience as a lifeguard
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and
experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and
Required Licenses or Certifications
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding with CPR/AED for Professional
Rescuers, First Aid, and Administering Emergency Oxygen.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor, American Red Cross
Water Safety Instructor, Certified Pool Operator, Aquatic Facility
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES
- English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer
- Pool operations and rules
- Safety practices and protocols
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain
effective and appropriate working relationships
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to
another of a different nature
- Customer service
- Meet schedules and deadlines of the work
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic
- Maintain the confidentiality of information and professional
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This position requires occasional exposure to unpleasant
environmental conditions and/or hazards and requires medium
physical effort. Incumbents may be required to exert up to up to 35
pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a part-time position.
May need to travel to various GVRD sites within the district, City
Hall, County offices, training sites outside the district, vendors,
supplier, or other job-related locations.
GVRD is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Greater Vallejo Recreation District, Vallejo , Pool Specialist, Other , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...