Social Services Practitioner (MSW) Per Diem, Day Shift, Vallejo
Company: Adventist Health
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Located in the beautiful Napa Valley, Adventist Health St.
Helena is an acute-care hospital with key service areas including
24-hour emergency care, Adventist Heart and Vascular Institute,
Coon Joint Replacement Institute, Martin O'Neil Cancer Center and
the innovative breast center with cutting-edge technologies all
under one roof.
Located within easy reach of the coast, Sierra Nevada mountains and
San Francisco, the Napa Valley is a place where the old world is
not forgotten, where rural charm rules the day, and where everyone
lives a great life. Whether walking along the local vineyards or
biking the hills, this is a wonderful place to find a life and work
Renders clinical psychosocial services to the patients and their
families of all ages (neonate to geriatric). Assesses patient's
psychosocial needs and makes referrals to appropriate facilities or
community agencies; and provides crisis intervention and
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (some certifications will
require Bachelor's): Required
- Master's Degree in social work or equivalent combination of
- Three years' experience in a social agency, hospital, or other
organization dealing with health and/or welfare: Preferred
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW): Preferred
- Utilizes effective problem solving strategies to reach
decisions, take appropriate action and follow-through within
assigned scope of responsibility.
- Provides consultation and counseling with patients, families,
staff, and others in the service of patients
- Participates in departmental and interdisciplinary meetings and
- Obtains or coordinates resources from community, social, health
and welfare agencies.
- Provides training for nursing staff to intervene during on-call
hours and weekends.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our
associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates
receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to,
measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu
vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine
(required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and
annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may
Keywords: Adventist Health, Vallejo , Social Services Practitioner (MSW) Per Diem, Day Shift, Vallejo, Other , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!