Business Operations Specialist, Expert
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Requisition ID# 153568Job Category: Business Operations /
StrategyJob Level: Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: Electric
OperationsWork Type: HybridJob Location: VallejoDepartment
OverviewThe Coworkers of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of
safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric
Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric
distribution and transmission operations, including planning,
engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management,
business planning, restoration and emergency response.Position
SummaryResponsible for research, data analysis, forecasting, and
reporting in support of business decision making, strategy, and
operations. Also involved in business process improvement, quality
control, special projects, and other initiatives.PG&E is
providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes
it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This
compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The
actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple
factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education,
licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic
location, and internal equity. We would not anticipate that the
individual hired into this role would land at or near the top half
of the range described below, but the decision will be dependent on
the facts and circumstances of each case.A reasonable salary range
is:Minimum: $109,000.00Maximum: $175,000.00Job Responsibilities
- Applies expert knowledge of Construction business operations to
wide-ranging issues and assignments. Works independently with
guidance on only the most complex issues.
- Expand the team's planning and Construction work plan reporting
capabilities through models and tool development.Leads efforts with
partner organizations to develop and implement improved processes,
best practices, controls and procedures to improve Construction
Management organization. Measures process through reporting and
- Manages aspects of programs and finance that are cross
departmental, complex and have a significant impact on the line of
business. Leads development of plans to achieve program goals.
- Develop new policies and all relevant processes,
infrastructure, documentation, tools, etc. to support. Develops
tools for tracking and control.
- May provide leadership or work direction and guidance to
lower-level peers.Work with other LOBs or peers in other
departments or regions to develop reporting, analytics, metrics for
team needs.Performs trend analysis to identify variance drivers and
develop and execute mitigation plans to improve business
- Identifies issues and develops solutions. Presents
recommendations and implementation plan to leadership for
approval.Provides standardized regular reports, along with custom,
ad-hoc reports for special projects.
- May support with reporting for operational metrics to provide
intelligence on performance trends.
- Develops and delivers presentation to leaders regarding the
program progress toward goals.Represents the team as a subject
matter expert and stakeholder on process improvement teams,
regulatory filings, and various stakeholder groups.
- Experience in SAP and Analysis for Office (AO).Experienced in
Business Finance knowledge and functions.Strong understanding of
BPO financial oversight and financial management processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Finance,
Communications or related field or equivalent experience.
- Typically requires 8+ years of related experience or
- Good communication, facilitation, and presentation skills with
- Strives for continuous improvement and creative problem
- Advanced level in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to quickly analyze data to make recommendations.
- Ability to develop and explain complex data models.
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and ambiguity.
- Ability to lead large and complex projects working with
- Ability to influence leaders inside and outside of the
department through data analysis, insights, and
- Ability to coach and mentor specialists and analysts.
Keywords: Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Vallejo , Business Operations Specialist, Expert, Other , Vallejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!