Company: Jackson Family Wines
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Position at Jackson Family Wines
TITLE: Maintenance Technician
Under general supervision, position installs, repairs, and performs
preventative and emergency maintenance on a wide variety winery
equipment. Additionally, the technician will perform repairs on
support equipment, buildings, fixtures and systems at four sites in
the Napa Valley. This is a day shift during non-harvest and swing
shift during harvest. Candidate must be able to respond to
emergency call-ins on weekends and should expect to work 6 days a
week from August through December.
ESSENTINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform mechanical tasks, such as lubrication, filter replacing
and mechanical repairs to pumps, compressors, filters.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair winery equipment.
- Review service requests for repairs, and maintenance, determine
nature and recommend appropriate solution.
- Use technical publications to troubleshoot and repair
- Purchase needed parts, receive and install.
- Conduct limited technical inspections on winery equipment and
perform required preventative maintenance actions.
- Perform predictive maintenance on winery equipment.
- Perform conduct corrective maintenance on winery
- Assist with project implementation.
- Assist in the movement of materials and equipment as
- Perform any other task as assigned.
- Be a self-starter and work with limited supervision.
- Have fabricating skills, welding Stainless Steel and Aluminum
(mig, tig), cutting, drilling, milling, etc.
- Have electrical knowledge. Ability to read electrical
schematics and troubleshoot with or without schematics.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have a basic understanding of the computer and work with Word,
Excel, E-mail and research on the internet.
- Be able to read and write English and perform Mathematical
- Be able to read and understand technical manuals and
- Be able to read various types of gauges, meters and operate
- 2 - 3 years winery or manufacturing maintenance experience as a
Maintenance Mechanic preferred, or equivalent technical
- Must have a thorough knowledge of mechanical systems as they
relate to winery equipment including, pumps, conveying systems,
hydraulics, air systems, vacuum systems, air conditioning and
- Must be organized with good follow through and time management
- Must be able to work overhead and lift and carry up to 50
PAY RANGE: $26.87 - $34.01 - $41.15 per hour
- Health insurance - medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual in addition to 12 paid holidays and 80 hour
Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in
each other's differences. Together we nurture a culture that
embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that
diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich
our employees, and connect us to our customers and global
community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better
future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January
1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023
are null and void.
Keywords: Jackson Family Wines, Vallejo , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Sonoma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!